Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday's Hash browns

I love me some hash browns. But I don't love all the butter they are traditionally cooked in. In this weeks CSA box I received some great veggies a few being 2 big zucchinis's and a small box of potatoes. I'm a bit tired of sauteed zucchini so I thought I would grate one into my hash browns. I also made some baked zucchini fries. They were a big flop! They just came out too mushy. But my hash browns mmm mmm good! I don't know why Mr Potato gets a bad rep. They have a lot of health benefits. This one goes out to all my girls who are afraid of carbs. Eating a potato is not going to make you gain weight! Chips and deep fried potatoes on the other hand might not be such a good choice. If you just stick with eating REAL FOOD you will be just fine.



Health Benefits of Potatoes:
Vitamin C
Vitamin B6
Cooper
Potassium
Magnanese
Fiber

Sunday's Hash Browns:

Ingredients:
4-5 potatoes
1/2 of a zucchini
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of earths balance spread or olive oil

Cook your potatoes in boiling water for about 10 mins. We don't want them too soft.  When cooked, drain and run under cold water. You can also put them in the fridge for awhile to cool them off a bit. Shred them with a grater in a bowl and then the zucchini. Next you want to make sure all the water is out. Wrap them up in kitchen towel and squeeze out access water. Mix in seasoning. Form into patties. Heat earth balance spread or oil in pan and add patties. Cook until brown on one side before you flip it. Cook on other side. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment