Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Long Day Fast Dinner

Monday was a long day for me and my 2 girls. We went to Philly to see my Dad for the day. When we arrived home I didn't have much planned for dinner. I took a look in my pantry and this is what I came up with!

My husband and I love Indian food and I read about this stuff in Bon Appetite awhile back. It's a vegan curry sauce. It's a bit fatting from the coconut milk but it taste amazing and is still healthier than ordering take out plus my husband loves it. I pulled out a can of lentils. I know, I know I try not to use too much canned food but it was a long day and I had to get everyone feed. I usually use chickpeas with this but I didn't have any soaked. I should have put some in the crockpot before I left. Anywho I used the rest of my potatoes from the CSA, saute some onion and garlic and had a great meal in no time. OK, here we go.

Potatoes from the CSA take a look at all that dirt! Boil your potatoes so their cooked and all you have to do it cut them up and place them in the pan.

Sautee some onions and garlic

Canned lentils

After onion and garlic is soft add your lentils or chickpeas

Add potatoes and sauce and simmer for 5-10 mins

I served over some left over brown rice from the fridge.







No comments:

Post a Comment