Monday, June 20, 2011

Obsess Much?

My 3 year old Carolyn is obsessed with corn. Yes, second to Dora good old corn on the cob. On one of our Whole Foods adventures she managed to get a lot of fresh corn in the cart without me noticing. We get to the check out line and I took a look at the situation in our cart and on the bottom of the cart I find too much corn on the cob for any family. "Carolyn! Did you throw all this corn in the cart?!!" she looks up at me so sweet and innocent "Oh Mommy, I just love fresh corn so much" I smiled and bought the corn. With that I bring you a corn, black bean recipe I pulled out of my hat. You can use this as a dip (would be great to bring to a party) or as a side dish. I wrapped it up in a warm tortilla with some brown rice and had as a meal. Now I think this type of recipe most people would use raw red onion as one of the add ins but I don't like raw onion so I left it out.  Double this if your using for a party. Ok, I had some great pics (from my iphone still need to get camera fixed) and I'm having some issues importing them at the moment. The colors are so pretty in the dish I really wanted to give you a visual! I'm a bit annoyed right now.

3-4 ears of fresh uncooked corn
1 cup cooked black beans
1/2 a fresh lime juice
1/2 or whole avocado, diced
1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
a few sprigs of cilantro, chopped up

Get a large bowl
Cut the kernels off the cob (does that make sense? ) and place in bowl with black beans and diced avocado. Squeeze your lime in then add your salt, chopped cilantro, and jalapeno. Then mix it all up! That's it. Taste and add more salt to your liking.

1 comment: