Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Most Important Meal of the Day

A few days ago my BFF and I were talking about breakfast. She said she's not  really a breakfast breakfast person but by 11 am she finds herself starving. This is not good. I'm not saying you should eat just to eat. If your not hungry don't eat. But if you find yourself over eating at one meal or picking up any crappy snack just because your hungry, then you should  put a little  something in your belly before you get to this point. So today around 9:30 I made sure I ate a little something (I didn't make a smoothie today). This is what I had.
Some soy milk. I usually only drink almond milk but I grabbed the wrong thing at the super market. I try to avoid cow's milk. Dairy's not so good for you or your little one's. I don't care what the Dr's say. (i will talk about the dairy industry in great detail at some point) Kashi cereal and some blueberries. It wasn't too heavy and did the trick!

Let's talk a bit about cereal. I like Kashi because it's good, filling and the ingredients on the side of the box doesn't sound like a science project! If you're feeding your kids sugary cereals please STOP. This is the worst way to start of their day. I don't give a flying fart what they advertise on the front of the box. Coco Puffs is NOT a good source of fiber! This is a bull! Please give them real food. Fruit, toast with peanut butter (for protein). And of coarse a SMOOTHIE! Please feel free to ask me for ideas or if you have any questions about food products.

No comments:

Post a Comment