Thursday, June 2, 2011

Everything's Better with Butter

Someone recently told me they needed a little inspiration and wanted to know how I got to this point. I obviously can't do it all in one post, but little by little I'll unravel my story for you.

I use to be a huge foodie. Loved to go to new restaurants, read about up and coming chef's and all things related to food. I really use to think to make food taste good you needed a little butter. One of the first meals I ever cooked for my husband was a stuffed veal chop the size of your head! I stuffed that bad boy with a thick piece of fontina cheese and a nice slice of prosciutto. And how did I cook it one might ask??? In a big old frying pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and a 1/2 stick of butter!

Let me put you in on a little secret... That's how restaurants get their food to taste good. Now don't get me wrong, I still like to go out to eat and try new things, but I don't overindulge because I'm at a fancy, new, hip restaurant. I don't polish off buckets of  wine and order the surf and turf anymore. There's nothing wrong with ordering an appetizer as your entree. And always order some type of green!!

What do I use now for butter?? This little gem right here!
Earth balance is a great alternative to real butter. It's vegan, gluten free, lactose free, and non GMO! It also has great flavor and I recommend you try it!

My journey started with small changes. I was recently told that there is no such thing as try, you either do  it or you don't. So you either start changing your eating habits or you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment