Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not a Fan

I'm not a very big fan of mayonnaise. As a matter of fact I hate it! But I am a fan of sandwiches. I make my own spreads for sandwich, panini's, and wraps. You can also use it for a dip or spread it on crostini. Your options are endless here. This is what I threw together today. I just used what I had on hand but you can get creative as you want with it. By making your own spreads you are cutting out a ton of preservatives and calories. Eat real food! It's way healthier, cleaner and better for the environment.

Cannellini Bean Dip:
1 cup of cooked cannellini beans (i had some left over) or you could use a can
1 garlic clove
1 roasted red pepper ( you could use any veg you have on hand just roast it a bit first)

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse away! Make sure all the garlic is blended you don't want to bite into a chunk of raw garlic.












I then used up what I had in my fridge and made a whole wheat panini for my daughter and I. I just cooked up some pepper, onions and string beans. Spread the dip on my bread, put in my veggies and placed on panini maker. The beans in the spread give you protein and you get a serving of veggies!



No comments:

Post a Comment