Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Monday!

Photo Source: Pinterest


Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Me and the family had a busy weekend that went by too fast. We all know by now that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! For me it helps to not be starvin marvin by 12 and make not so healthy food choices because I'm so hungry. I'm not always hungry as soon as I wake up but by 10 am or so I make sure I put something in my belly. This morning it was a smoothie.

 I don't like oatmeal at all.  But oats are truly a super food and have so many health benefits.
-great source of fiber
-help reduce cholesterol
-contains plant chemicals
-reduce risk of cancer
-contains vitamins such as folic acid, biotin, vitamin E
-They also contain zinc, copper, iron, maganese and magnesium

I came up with a smoothie that includes raw oats. It is filling and delicious and great way to start your day.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 frozen bananas
1 cup blueberries
1 cup almond milk
2-3 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend away! Just make sure you put the oats in first.



No comments:

Post a Comment