Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Take Five

Last weekend I told you I was going to do some cooking and plan my week out a bit better. Yesterday I had a long leg workout and after.... well I was VERY hungry. After the gym I came home opened up my fridge and viola! I was prepared. I had cooked healthy food in hand ready to go. All I did was reheat and me and my girls were fed and happy campers. I wasn't able to cook for the whole week but I did a good amount of prep work to make everything go smoothly. I cooked up a big pot of brown rice and black beans. And I made a big salad and dressing. All I have to do is add dressing as need the prep work was already done. I also made a few snacks to keep hunger under control.

Bean Salad: Fresh, Clean and a Yummy Snack! 



Don't set yourself up to fail. Take five minutes to yourself and think of a small change you can do. Maybe you want to eat more fruit? Try to incorporate a smoothie in your daily meal. It's an easy fix to add more fruit. Or maybe you want to cut back on ice cream? Try making it with frozen bananas. Maybe you want to start shopping at your local farmers market once a week? My point is, sit down and figure out how you can fit a POSITIVE change in your life. Something that will make you feel good!


No comments:

Post a Comment