Thursday, July 28, 2011

Zucchini Recipe

Photo Source:Pinterest

I got yet another zucchini in my CSA box the size of my forearm along with three tomatoes. Now, it's been hot, steamy and just downright gross in the city these past few weeks and it puts me in the mood for something light and fresh. This recipe has pasta in it and some might say that's not so light. But we love pasta in our house and my husband likes to have some cooked in the fridge at all times. So here's what's cooking! This recipe taste better a few hours after you cook it. I made this in the am and left it covered on top of the stove and by dinner time the flavors were well blended and delicious!

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 white onion or 1 small one
4 garlic cloves (i love me some garlic)
1 zucchini, sliced in half moon shapes
3 small tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup almond milk, add more as needed, eyeball it. (you could use soy)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
some fresh basil
1/2 pound cooked whole wheat pasta
salt/pepper to taste
Directions:
In a large pan heat up your oil over medium heat. Add your onion and cook for a few minutes. Next add garlic and give it a stir. Add your tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Break them up with the back of a wooden spoon and keep stirring. Then add your zucchini and let that cook a bit. Add your salt and pepper. Next whisk in the cornstarch with your milk in a small bowl and then add to the pan. Lower your heat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Add cooked pasta and fresh basil. I topped it off with pine nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment