Friday, July 22, 2011

My Bad...

My deepest apologies for not being around much this week. I've been a bit busy. The good news is that I have been working on some new seasonal recipes for you! I told you that I joined a CSA and I've been getting a lot of zucchini and potatoes the past two weeks. This is the latest....



I used a small oven proof dish because I was testing the recipe. If you're using a larger dish adjust accordingly.

Ingredients:
1/2 tbls olive oil
1/2 an onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt/pepper to taste
1 zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2-3 potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2-3 tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
A few tablsp of butter or earth balance spread
1 tblspn Italian seasoning
Shredded parmigiano reggiano (eye ball it )

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375

Slice your veggies a 1/4 inch thick.
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil add a little salt and pepper.
Cut veggies a 1/4 inch thick.
Salt and pepper veggies.
Place onion and garlic mixture in bottom of oven proof pan.
Place veggies on top in a spiral form and add seasoning and butter on top.
Cover with foil and bake for a half hour.
Take out of oven, sprinkle with cheese and then bake uncovered for about 20-25 mins or so. Till potatoes are  cooked.

This makes a great side dish and very pretty if entertaining.

Saute your onion and garlic.

Cut veggies a 1/4 inch thick. 

Place onion and garlic mixture in bottom of oven proof pan.

Place veggies in a spiral form.

No comments:

Post a Comment