Monday, July 25, 2011

My George I think I've got it!

A while back I told you about this amazing smoothie truck in Soho called Urban Oasis. http://urbanoasistruck.com/?page_id=20

I've been trying to figure out how to make the black and white smoothie I had from there at home. And I've got it! Maybe not exact but it's yummy and a great meal replacement that's filling and healthy for you. It  will give you a chocolate fix without all the junk.

Photo Source: Pinterest


I want to tell you about something called Cacao Nibs. They are cocoa beans that have been roasted, separated from their husk and broken into smaller pieces. I'm not crazy about eating them plane as a snack but they are great in smoothies and baked goods. They have GREAT nutritional value. This is what they mean by dark chocolate being "good for you". (Not a candy bar)

They are one of the best sources in magnesium as well as a good source of calcium, iron, copper, zinc and potassium.

Magnesium is an important mineral that many people are deficient in. Magnesium is a part of the nerve and muscle function, bone strength and circulation. It can not be produced by the body so you have to get from food sources.

Black and White Smoothie:
2 frozen bananas (peel and place in ziploc bag in freezer)
1 cup almond milk
1 full tablespoon cacao nibs (you can find then at any health food store or amazon)
1/2 teaspoon unsweetened all natural cocoa
1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Mix it all up in a blender for about 2 minutes. Add ice or milk as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment