Tuesday, July 5, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Picture Source: Pinterest
You make a body scrub! Over the holiday weekend my vanity got the best of me. Me and the fam went to a resort with pools, golf and sun and I didn't want to look like casper the ghost. I love spray tans but they are a bit pricey and not always very convenient for a stay at home Mom with two kids. I came up with  what I thought at the time was a brilliant idea of an over the counter self tanning mousse. The sales women was very convincing in telling me that it was a best seller and very "natural looking". Sold!!! I take a shower put it on before I go to bed just like she told me. What do I wake up to? A hot streaky mess! My hands, ankles and knee's, oh and a few spots on my legs were a brown color that looked a bit like dirt. No need to panic... We have google, so I found an article on how to fix a fake tan. The article said lemons or a body scrub. I don't really use body scrubs because my skin is a bit sensitive. I don't even have loofah for that matter. But I did have lemons. I pulled out a measuring cup squeezed a few lemons in there and poured in some organic cane sugar and made a paste and jumped in the shower. Scrubbed away and my final result was skin as soft as a baby's bum. No need to pay for body scrub shower products  people. This two minute concoction was amazing. It didn't irritate my skin at all and ended up being 100% organic! As for the streaks... they were still there. Good thing I bought a few maxi dresses this season.

1 comment: