Monday, July 11, 2011

What do you eat???

Photo Source:Pinterest 
I get asked this question a lot. This past Saturday I was asked if I eat bread. Of course I do! I love bread. I was searching some blogs over the weekend and came across a quote that for the life of me can't remember where it came from. "If doesn't rot, it's not food". Do you get it?

Eat REAL food. Stay away from things that come out of packages. And please keep this in mind for your kids as well. Raisins, fruits, nuts, home made granola are much healthier snack choices for kids. If it's not in your house they are forced to eat the fresh fruit and veggies you have for them.

I eat a variety of vegetables, beans, pasta, rice. And I don't each much dairy. I eat a plant based diet for the most part. And my family does as well. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I have days I eat too much, have too many sweets or my real vice, dive into a bag of chips like it's my job. But I don't have the mentality of "oh I already blew so I might well just eat whatever". Stop thinking like this. And for those of you who are vegetarian stay away from that fake meat stuff. It's heavily processed, high in salt and most times very high in fat. It's NOT real food. I'm leaving you with a quote from one of my fav's Michael Pollan...
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment