Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Buying Local


I am still on vacation in Maine and loving it! The weather is gorgeous and the air is so fresh and clean! I keep driving past this seafood and farm stand on my way to the gym and today I decided to stop by and so glad that I did. The owner Roberta was amazing! She's about as sweet as the come. She took me out back and walked me through her garden and chatted about her life a bit. Did you ever meet someone that made an instant impression? (in a good way) Roberta did just that. I don't think she always had an easy breezy life but she seemed  so happy and content. I think we could all learn a little from Roberta. I picked up some onion, garlic, real maine maple syrup, celery, corn and broccoli for $15.00. Buy local people! Find out where your Farmers markets are in your area and go once a week and stock up on your fruits and veggies! Local farmers need your support! 

Eggplant 

Roberta

Broccoli

Pepper

Inside Roberta's store

Corn


Homemade jam



No comments:

Post a Comment