Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm Baaack...

And ready to attack! I'm happy to be home and looking forward to a lot of new changes coming up. Feels good to be back into my routine. It's great to get away and spend time with friends and family but there is no place like home.

I don't know if I told you this but my weakness is chips! Yes, potato chips. Love them. Lets just say I had a chip overload the last two weeks. What did I wash them down with? Beer. Yes, we did A-LOT of entertaining on vacation. I worked out a bit and ate well but the chips and beer got the best of me. Today was my first day back at the gym and I got on the scale, assuming I did some damage. And you know what?? I didn't. For the first time in my life I went on vacation and didn't come back 5 lbs heavier. I managed to enjoy myself and indulge while keeping a healthy balance.

It's not what you do every once in a while; it's what you do every day that matters in the long run. The holidays are around the corner and you should should eat, drink and be merry! I'm not saying go bonkers and eat a whole tin of holiday cookies but make an effort to find that balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment