Thursday, June 30, 2011

Water Ice A.K.A Wooter Ice

I'm originally from Philadelphia and we call Italian Ice Water Ice. Water sounds more like wooter. Nothing says Philly better than a water ice and soft pretzel on a summers day. I was up late the other night surfing the web and came across another blogger from Philadelphia! I was so excited and have been following her blog. http://urbanvegan.net/search/?q=strawberry+sorbet

I love this recipe idea! It's so adaptable. I made a kid friendly version and tried to cut back on the sugar and this is what I came up with.  If you don't have an ice cream maker you could pour into popsicle molds and freeze.



1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup water
2 16 oz cartons of organic strawberries
1 fresh lime

Boil agave and water for about 5 minutes and let cool. (i placed mine in the fridge for a bit)
Wash and slice strawberries, squeeze in some lime juice.
Place all ingredients in the blender and blend away.
Pour into ice cream maker for about a half hour. Yum!

Boil agave and water.

Slice strawberries.

Squeeze lime with agave mixture in a food processor or blender.

Pour this into ice cream maker or molds

My ice cream maker.

Sorbet in frozen lemon half!

No comments:

Post a Comment